Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Bunco Meal

A couple of years ago my mom made these sandwiches for Easter and I fell in Love. They are a sweet & salty parade of flavors with just the right crisp to the warm sandwich.
If you have not been lucky enough to have tried one of these sammy's I suggest you go right out and buy the ingredients and make it for dinner tonight! You will be forever in love and can thank me later.




The Best Ham Sandwiches Ever

adapted from Recipezaar

Ingredients

Directions

  1. 1
    You will need two 9 x 13 pans. Place the bottoms of 12 rolls in each pan. Place ham (about 2 shaved slices or so) on the rolls. Cut the cheese slices into 4 parts and place 2 small pieces on each sandwich. Put the dinner roll tops on. In a sauce pan, mix butter, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, and dried onions. Wait until all butter is melted, wisk together, and then pour the melted mixture over the ham sandwiches (I know it sounds weird but TRUST me). Sprinkle the buns with poppy seeds and cover with foil. Let refrigerate overnight (If not able to wait, it is okay. They still taste great if made right away). Preheat oven to 350 and uncover sandwiches. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes and serve. They are great hot and even at room temperature Enjoy!


I also made this take on a Caprese Salad, but with pasta a salami
Pasta Caprese Salad

Mozzarella Balls quartered
Halved grape tomatoes
Thinly cut basil
Pasta
Thinly sliced Salami

Put it all together with your favorite Balsamic Dressing.

I know I already said you MUST try the ham sandwiches but I you MUST also try the Lemon Cooler Cake from Costco it is straight Divine! I have had Many Lemon cakes and Nothing I mean Nothing compares to this one ( yes Joes BBQ included). It is sooooooo Moist, sweet and the perfect amount of lemon flavor. I could truly eat the whole thing!


5 comments:

  1. What are you trying to do??? Make me cry because I couldn't be there??!! Please don't post about bunco again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sammies are indeed divine! My mom shared a little trick with me for these sammies. When I make them, I just leave the rolls together when I take them out of the package instead of breaking them up into individual rolls and just cut it in half like it's one whole roll and just put the ham & cheese on the bottom half until it's all covered. After baking, I just cut it all with a big knife. It is so quick that way! I gotta try the caprese salad, but I'd better stay away from the lemon cake. I have zero self control when it comes to baked goods. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amber that is a great idea. Jill I am soooo sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. If it makes you feel any better I missed you the whole time, it's just not the same without you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have to use Swiss? Not a big fan of Swiss but these look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not the biggest Swiss cheese fan either, but there is just some thing about the combination of flavors between the ham and Swiss, and the butter & ‘fried’ onions! Best thing ever!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...