Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fajitas

Sorry It has been awhile since I posted, I am have been pretty busy. But I did make a ton of food this last week so I do have a bunch of stuff to update. First are these Super Duper Easy Fajitas.
This is also a fairly healthy all in one meal. Complete with veggies, protein and carb. My kids loved it and so did my guests!

Thinly slice your fav. veggies. I love a lot of onions and red bell pepper, next time I don't think I will use green it was so bitter. I also occasionally use tomatoes as well.

Then I start saute'ing with a little EVOO and add some seasoning from a packet ( I usually use Fajita mix but I was out) I think this is just the easiest way to do it, so I use the cheat.
Once it has cooked down a little I add a little water to get the pan dripping on the bottom with a wisk.
Then I add some chicken tender pieces that I boiled.
Then put some in a warmed tortilla and a little sour cream and you got your self a Meal.

Easy Fajitas

1 red bell pepper
1 other color bell pepper
1 onion
3 roma tomatoes ( optional)

Thinly slice all of this and add to a saute pan (except for tomatoes) on med heat with some Olive Oil and a little butter. Then add some Fajita packet seasoning. After it has cooked down a little add about 1/4 cup water to pan and wisk up the drippings on the bottom. Then add cooked chicken in large pieces and mix together. Then add tomatoes at this time. Next cook down a little more till veggies are tender.
Put it together with a warm tortilla and a little sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...