Monday, July 18, 2011

Chocolate Ganache & Presley's Party

I love the party site Karas Party Ideas. It has every party idea imaginable. For Presley's last birthday I got the idea of a Cookies & Milk party from there, so when I was trying to decide on a theme I went through the site and found the perfect party idea.

An Ice Cream Party! It had ideas for the cake, party favors, invitations & hats. I of course copied it all, and while it turned out so super cute I will not be showing you the other pics for fear it would make mine look less Awesome!


I realized that to make this cake I would have to learn how to make Chocolate Ganache. I was a little nervous but also excited since I had always wanted to learn.
I am so glad I tried it since it was the Easiest thing ever!
There are literally 2 ingredients.

Chopped bittersweet chocolate
Heavy cream that is boiling hot
whip
whip some more till smooth
cool slightly and then pour on

let it run off or help it along in the fashion you want
The remaining that I didn't use I waited until it was cooled and hard, stirring along the way, then I scooped with an ice cream scoop and plopped it on the cake to look like ice cream.
Easy Peasy!


The party turned out Gorgeous and Presley had a blast!


Chocolate Ganache
adapted from all recipes

Ingredients

  • 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 cup heavy cream

Directions

  1. Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth. Stir in the rum if desired.
  2. Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring over a cake. Start at the center of the cake and work outward. For a fluffy frosting or chocolate filling, allow it to cool until thick, then whip with a whisk until light and fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...