Monday, July 11, 2011

Triple D Hungarian Cabbage & Noodles

I made this awhile ago after I saw it on Triple D and then forgot about it( since it was before the blog). Then I saw the episode again and remembered how much I loved this dish. 4 ingredients, easy, cheap and completely Delicious. If you are a fan of cabbage you will love this meal. My family loved it, and it made for a great One Pot Wonder.




Hungarian Cabbage and Noodles

1 head of cabbage-chopped
1/2 pound of bacon-chopped
1 package extra large egg noodles
1 small onion-diced

1. Cook the egg noodles in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Then drain and set aside.
2. add chopped bacon to pot and cook until crisp. Then take the bacon out and drain on a paper towel
3. discard half of the bacon grease, then put the chopped onion in the rest of the grease and cook until tender.
4. add chopped cabbage to the pot and stir. Put a lid on and cook for 5- 10 min. stirring occasionally. Cook until cabbage is tender but still has a bite to it.
4. add pasta and bacon and salt and pepper to taste.
5. stir and serve

Great with some parmesan or romano cheese on top.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good. How clever to add egg noodles to the cabbage! I'm not eating meat right now, so I'll just substitute the bacon for other vegetables.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...