Hungarian Cabbage and Noodles
1 head of cabbage-chopped
1/2 pound of bacon-chopped
1 package extra large egg noodles
1 small onion-diced
1. Cook the egg noodles in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Then drain and set aside.
2. add chopped bacon to pot and cook until crisp. Then take the bacon out and drain on a paper towel
3. discard half of the bacon grease, then put the chopped onion in the rest of the grease and cook until tender.
4. add chopped cabbage to the pot and stir. Put a lid on and cook for 5- 10 min. stirring occasionally. Cook until cabbage is tender but still has a bite to it.
4. add pasta and bacon and salt and pepper to taste.
5. stir and serve
Great with some parmesan or romano cheese on top.