Wednesday, October 26, 2011

No-Bake Energy Bites

I saw these on Pinterest and new immediately I would be whipping up a batch. What I didn't know is that it would only take 5 min. and not only that but that they would be SUPER Delish! The kids think they are cookies and everyone else doesn't care what they are. But that doesn't stop them from dropping by and stealing a handful of them out of my fridge. These are the perfect low calorie pick me up little snack, that you can make specific to your tastes.

This recipe is how I like them made.

No Bake Energy Bites
adapted from Smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com

2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup quick oats
1 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or not)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup Wheat Germ
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix in a large bowl, then drop onto a lined cookie sheet using a cookie scooper, and chill for about an hour. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge. ( If they last that long!)

2 comments:

  1. I wondered if wheat germ might be in this recipe when I saw the title. I use it in my version... visiting from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...