Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Carmelized Onion Sammy's & a whole lot More!

I'd like to start with saying I LOVE Bunco! But every year and a half ,there comes a time when I am in charge. Which stresses me out more than it should, mainly because I take on entirely to much work and make it harder than it really is. This meal would never have been completed had my friends and family not come over in time to help me put it all together.


Because of my recent obsession with Pinterest, I have found all of these amazing things I want to do, see, make and of course EAT! So therein lies my inspiration for this meal.

We have Veggie Cups - which is just julienne sliced veggies (any kind you like). I chose cucumber, carrots, bell peppers & celery. Arrange them in a clear cup with a good portion of ranch dip on the bottom!

Next Meatballs- which could not be simpler and completely delish! I bought a bag of frozen meatballs, dumped them in a crockpot on low with a jar of grape jelly and a jar of chili sauce. Let it cook about 3 hours.

Caprese Salad on a stick- I halved little mozzarella balls stuck a toothpick in them, then folded up a small basil leaf, pushed that on the pick and then stuck them into a halved grape tomato with the flat side down. After that I let them marinate in dish of balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt.

Fruit & Dip- For the dip I used vanilla flavored yogurt and nutella.


Carmelized Onion Sandwiches- I found some nice soft sliced sourdough bread/ french bread. Carmelized a ton of onions. Then made some good old fashioned grilled cheese. Buttered the bread, then added Gruyere cheese and Fontina Cheese and the onions. Then grill on both sides till it gets nice and brown and the cheese melts.

I am proud to say that each item was a Hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...