Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mile High Tortilla Pie

Back when My Sister's Kitchen was the new big thing my SIL's and I found a coupon and made a ton of freezer meals. I loved them, and at half price I loved them even more. Having pre-made meals that all you have to do it warm up is sooooo great. I love all the recipes out there that double as a freezer meal. I am trying to build up my freezer meals and this is a great one. This was actually like one of the meals I made at My Sister's Kitchen, but I found this in a Parents magazine ( it doesn't actually say it's a freezer meal but it totally works as one)

This is also one of those great meals that you can totally adapt to your liking which is what I did here. When I made this I had a couple extra boys at my house and they could not stop eating it, it is super kid friendly. Also depending on exactly what you use it isn't bad on the waist band either!




Mile High Tortilla Pie
( my adaptation from Parents magazine.)
serves 6

1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can white/yellow corn drained
diced red/yellow bell pepper
1 jar chunky salsa ( heat to your liking)
1 bunch chopped cilantro leaves
5 tortillas ( wheat or reduced fat)
1 pkg. (10 oz) fajita style cooked chicken or 7-8 chicken tenderloins cooked and shredded
2 cups reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
Fat free sour cream

1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl combine black beans, corn, bell pepper, salsa, chicken and cilantro.
2. Coat the bottom of a baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in coated pan. Top with 1 1/2 cups of the bean mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Layer 3 more times finishing with the last tortilla.
3. Bake in oven 15 to 20 min. or until cheese melts and filling is hot. Serve with sour cream


Calories per serving about 409.

* freezer method- after make the tortilla pie wrap in tin foil and place in plastic freezer bag. when ready to eat thaw and bake as directed placing pie on a greased cookie sheet or an ungreased silicone baking mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...