Thursday, December 2, 2010

Moroccan-Style Chicken-Crescent Casserole

Awhile ago I had WAY too many crescent roll packs. I went on to the pillsbury website and found me some recipes. I wanted to try something I don't usually make with crescent rolls, so when I saw this I knew I had to try it. It was superb, except that I forgot to put on the almonds which I love so I am sure it would have been even that much better. This is my first "Moroccan" style dish it was so good that I am definitely going to have to try some more.







Moroccan-Style Chicken-Crescent Casserole
from Pillsbury.com
INGREDIENTS
1
tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
6
boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb), cut into bite-size pieces
1/2
cup chopped onion
1/2
cup sliced carrot
1
can (14.5 oz) diced fire-roasted or regular tomatoes, undrained
1
tablespoon tomato paste
3
tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3
tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 1/2
teaspoons paprika
1/2
teaspoon salt
1/2
teaspoon ground cumin
1/4
to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8
teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1
can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls)
1
egg, beaten
1
tablespoon sliced almonds
DIRECTIONS
  • 1Heat oven to 375°F. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion and carrot; cook and stir about 7 minutes or until chicken is browned and no longer pink in center. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, cilantro, paprika, salt, cumin, cinnamon and red pepper. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
  • 2Into ungreased 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish or 9 1/2- or 10-inch deep-dish pie plate, pour hot chicken mixture. Immediately unroll dough over chicken mixture; pinch edges and perforations to seal. Brush dough with beaten egg; sprinkle with almonds.
  • 3Bake 18 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro.


We offer two amounts of cinnamon. Ease into Moroccan flavor with 1/4 teaspoon, or use 1/2 teaspoon for authentic taste.
Add 1/4 cup chopped, toasted, blanched almonds or raisins to the chicken mixture for added flavor and texture.
Be quick putting the casserole in the oven so that the dough gets done on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...