We have been doing Progressive Dinner with the Cummards for awhile now. This was my family's first year to do it. It is such a fun way to see everyones Christmas Decor while enjoying AMAZING food! My family sure knows how to bring it.
The first house was appetizers with Hayley & Brett the newlyweds!
She made spinach and artichoke dip & , jalapeno jelly with cream cheese.
Brett decided to get fancy and made this super Delicious Brie En Croute, I have been seeing this everywhere but didn't really think I liked Brie, well I was wrong this puppy was to die for. The puff pastry was stuffed with brie, pecans and brown sugar - Hello this was almost dessert and dang good. Also could it look any fancier. If you are looking to impress this is the way to go.
(adapted from Martha Stewart0
Serves 12 to 16
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 standard packages (17 1/4 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 wheel (2.2 pounds) Brie
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- In a medium bowl, combine pecans and sugar, using your fingertips to thoroughly mix; set aside. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat (French nonstick baking mat) or parchment paper; set aside.
- Lightly dust work surface with flour. Place two sheets (one box) of puff pastry on the work surface one on top of the other. Using a rolling pin, adhere the two pieces of the puff pastry together. Continue rolling puff pastry until it is very thin, slightly less than 1/8 inch thick. Using a pastry wheel or a sharp knife, cut the puff pastry into a 13-inch round, reserving scraps for decorating.
- Place the Brie in the center of the puff pastry. Top the Brie with pecan mixture, spreading to within 1/2 inch of the edge of the cheese. Be sure to remove any sugar or nuts from the puff pastry, as they may cause holes to form during baking. Fold puff pastry up and over Brie to enclose. The center of the Brie will not be completely covered with pastry. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly dust work surface with flour. Repeat rolling and cutting process with remaining two sheets of puff pastry. Drape pastry over the Brie, tucking the edges under to enclose.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and cream to make an egg wash. Cut reserved scraps of puff pastry into decorative shapes. Using a pastry brush, gently brush the decorative shapes with the egg wash, and adhere to wrapped Brie. Brush the wrapped Brie evenly with the egg wash. Transfer to refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake Brie until golden brown and puffed, about 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake until dark golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes more.
Next was Colin & Heather's
Wow she really went all out.
Look at this drink station, yes those glasses are rimmed with sugar and limes!
What a gorgeous table setting!
I forgot to take a pic of the food but it was superb, she had chicken recipe from Kona grill with some amazing sauces and mashed potatoes. I am definitely going to be getting this recipe so stay tuned.
Last but not least my house for Dessert. I made Hot Chocolate Truffle balls from Mels Kitchen.
As soon as I saw these I knew I would be making them, they are super simple and a cute way to have hot chocolate.
(I think next time I am going to try milk choc. chips instead of semi-sweet. )
Red Velvet Cake from Costco
try this you will not be disappointed.
Hudson made cookies with his cousins and brought them to share at the party
Everyone got a treat to pick from
Peppermint Bark -from Costco
Trail Mix -from Costco