Thursday, April 1, 2010

The BEST White Chili

I got this recipe about 4yrs. ago from a friend and I adapted it just a tiny bit.
It is by far the Best White Chili I have ever had. Every time I make it I have someone that tells me that same thing, and I am always getting hit up for the recipe.
Not only is it the best it is the easiest, it is all just dumping stuff into a crockpot and stirring.
So if you want to impress at your next Chili Cookoff you better bring this.


Warning: it can be a bit spicy- the amount of hotness depends on the type of pepper jack cheese you use. (the store brands seem to be less spicy while the other brands are a lot more spicy)




Here is some fantastic Honey Butter the recipe I got from here

Honey Butter:
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff

Whip all together with an electric mixer and serve at room temperature (can be refrigerated and softened).



For the cornbread I just added some Goods to a box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix and the results were crazy good!
Mexican Cornbread
1 box of cornbread mix
green onions chopped
shredded cheese ( monterey jack or cheddar work best)
any type of corn- creamed, canned, frozen, or fresh
Mix it all together with package directions then add extras and bake as normal.
Top with Honey butter


I always top the Chili with a little sour cream
Best White Chili

1-2 boneless skinless Chicken breasts boiled and shredded
2 can Navy Beans/White Beans
1 can chicken stock
1 jar Green Salsa
1 16oz brick pepper jack cheese- cut into small cubes

Warning: it can be a bit spicy- the amount of hotness depends on the type of pepper jack cheese you use. (the store brands seem to be less spicy while the other brands are a lot more spicy)
Dump everything but chicken into a crockpot on low for 2-2.5 hrs. stirring occasionally. Once cheese has melted add chicken. Cook another 1/2 hour.
Served with sour cream and chopped cilantro.

1 comment:

  1. I remember you posted this on your family blog a few years ago and I have made this many, many, many times since then. It truly is delish and super easy to make! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...