Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bean with Bacon

My Husbands mother has a gift of turning inexpensive ordinary items into a meal. One of the things I love about being a Cummard is all the GREAT recipes I have picked up.
Here is one that most would turn up their nose at and not give it a try, but I am here to tell you it is worth 15 min. and lousy can of soup to find out.

It is simply a can of Bean with Bacon soup ,made with milk, Of course!

Then spiced up with some minced onion, crispy bacon, cheese and a piece of buttered toast.

place the toast in the bowl, pour the soup on top and then add the other toppings to your liking.

I truly fell in love with this dish, my husband LOVES it and so do my kids.
It is definitely one of those "Mom dishes" that you remember as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...