Monday, April 12, 2010

Make your own Take-Out- Fontina Burger

I like to think of myself as a "food connoisseur" (yes I had to look up the spelling of that).
Always out to find the next best thing, and always up to try something different. I love sharing my love of food as well and introducing people to new places and good food.
One of my fav. places is Joes Farm Grill with is one side of the Joes Trinity- Joes Farm, Joes BBQ and Liberty Market. All of which are my favorites of the specific food style.
I will even wait in line for an hour to get a Free Hamburger! Course with me it is just as much about the Free as it is about the Food.
Now onto the meal.... My favorite menu item at Joes Farm Grill is the Fontina Burger. It was my fav. even before it was featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives (another favorite show of mine).
So I decided to re-create this masterpiece of a Burger.

of course I would never get anything at Joes without their Fabulous Sweet Potato Fries- these are killer and MUST be tried.

I got some great baby portobella mushrooms and sauteed them up a bit
some Fontina cheese - which took me awhile to find. Trader Joes is where I ended up getting most of my ingredients
Some pesto and arugala

Then put it all together with some Roasted Red Pepper and a great grilled patty of Ground Beef to create this beauty.

It was a Hit! I loved it as did my mom and husband. All those same great flavors melted together to produce a symphony in my mouth. I inhaled it and then had it for leftovers 2 days in a row.
*All those ingredients cost me so much I had to get my money's worth.
So while it is cheaper to make a single burger at home- you still have to buy all the ingredients for about 6 burgers so the price can get a little high. But if you are looking to impress, this meal will definitely do it.
If you don't want to take the time and effort I would just go down to Joe's and have them make it for you. (Their fries were much better than mine anyways!)


2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! I'm for sure going to try it. Noah and I love trying new burger recipes. Where did you buy the bun? It looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...