Thursday, March 3, 2011

Green Chili Nachos

One of the great times in my life was the year I spent at EAC living in Thatcher. I met so many Amazing people and had the greatest time. One of the things I learned was how to make homemade chips. My honorary roommie Gary would always be fixing up something in the kitchen from the very little we had. So when he wanted chips he made them, they were my absolute favorite way to have chips from there on out.

While I was trying to make something from nothing from dinner I took out some leftover roast meat, added some of my homemade green salsa (recipe to come) of course any green salsa would be fine, and a can of green chilies then heated it all up in a frying pan.

After that I put the mixture on some homemade corn tortilla chips and topped with cheese. Let me tell you it was the BEST truly out of this world good, plus spanking easy.

Corn Tortilla Chips

Cut corn tortillas in 1/4ths let dry out for about 10 min.
Cook in hot oil turning when they start to brown
Dry on paper towels, salt and let sit for about 20 min.


Green Chili Meat

shredded roast meat
jar green salsa
can of green chilies

mix together in skillet - adding chilies at the last

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...