Thursday, February 11, 2010

Antipasto Salad & Bruschetta

For dinner tonight I decided on an Antipasto Salad. I fell in love with the salad from Rigatony's the first time I went, and I try to re-create it every time. I think this was the closest I have gotten to their's, it was absolutely scrumptious and everyone loved it especially my little guy Jackson who had about 5 helpings. Luckily my neighbor's the Oakliefs brought over their leftover BBQ Chicken sandwiches, since I had a lot of dinner guests. Everyone loved the sandwiches so I will have to get her recipe and post it later.

Antipasto Salad

Romaine Lettuce
Tomatoes
Red Onion (thinly sliced)
pepperoncini
salami
provolone
add this all together and put in your favorite Italian dressing.
I had some leftover bread so I thought I would make a little Bruschetta in honor of my dinner guest and SIL Suzanne ( who is the queen of Bruschetta). I think I added a little too much garlic, but everyone else seemed to love it. ( but I am not a huge fresh garlic person as it is)

Bruschetta
Dice up some tomatoes real small, add some fresh garlic, basil, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic to taste. Put it on some toasted bread brushed with olive oil or butter.
This is a fantastic appetizer that everyone loves.



I got this great idea from a blog I frequent called littlenannygoat who got it from another blog as well. It was so easy and turned out super cute. I think I might use it every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...