Wednesday, May 19, 2010

BBQ side dishes

A little while ago my friend Ang had a little impromptu BBQ. I wanted to bring something so I ran to the store and got some stuff to make some Yummy Guacamole and a Fruit Dip Salad.

My SIL Summer taught me to make this super easy Guacamole. Everyone always loves it, it has even had the powers of Conversion. ( my other SIL did NOT like Guac till she tried this one, now she LOVES it!)

Super Easy Guac

3 or 4 ripe Avocados
2-3 oz of cream cheese softened
garlic salt ( to taste)
some type of acid - Lemon/Lime Juice or even some vinegar if you don't have any citrus

Mix with a fork on a plate and add everything to taste. Making sure to combine the cream cheese with the avocados.



I saw this recipe on this blog. I thought it looked right up my alley. I will basically try anything with coconut!
The topping is soooo good, crunchy, chewy and sweet. It is basically over fruit already mixed in the fruit dip. The recipe calls for grapes which I love, but I am sure strawberries or pineapple would also be great in it. This is a great dish to take to any type of potluck. It is for sure my new go to fruit dish.


Tasty Fruit Dip Salad

Large bag of grapes--red, green or both (enough for about a double-layer of grapes in a 9x13 pan)

Creamy mixture:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 c. sugar
8 oz. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla

Topping:
1 heaping cup Grape Nuts
2/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. coconut flakes

Cream together cream cheese and sugar, then fold in sour cream. Stir grapes in with the creamy mixture then spread out in a 9x13 glass pan and refrigerate.
RIGHT BEFORE SERVING: Combine topping ingredients well and add over top of the grapes.


1 comment:

  1. I don't think I would b a fan of that fruit dip fut the guacamole...I will be swimming in!! I love guac and can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...