Monday, May 10, 2010

RIB Fest 2010

First off I would like to apologize to the Throngs of people who read this blog for my lack of posting! I have been re-reading Eclipse for the 3rd time to get ready for the movie and have not been able to put it down so my eyes have been burning, and looking at a computer screen was the last thing I wanted to do. I will do better I promise.

Last week Pork Ribs were on sale and since Pork ribs are my fav. I bought a TON and had the usual Tuesday crowd over ( My Uncle Bill and Grandpa Bob), plus a few scavengers!

I made my Ribs with some sweet Corn on the cob (also on sale) and then I made these Crashed Hot Potatoes from the Pioneer Woman. The meal was a true comfort meal that tasted great. The potatoes were a little bland for me ( I must have not done it right) so I added some cheese and ranch. Other than that a great meal.




My favorite way to cook ribs is how the Cummards taught me.

1st Boil ribs for 3 hours till they are practically falling off the bone.
2nd add tons of BBQ sauce
3rd stick in the oven to crisp them up and carmelize the sauce onto the meat.

Presley watching intently as her dad "Shucked" the corn.

A favorite trick I learned from Rachel Ray for Corn on the Cob is.....
After it is boiled drain the water
add butter and seasoning
put on the lid
and SHAKE!

it is so much easier than rolling the corn in the butter stick and seasoning while turning over. Try it I guarantee you will love it.
Now doesn't that look Mouth watering!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...