Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chery'ls Mac & Cheese

I am sure there are many of you out there that have to Compete with their Mother-in-Law's cooking. Well I am definitely one of those women. No matter how many Great and Amazing things I cook my husband loves when I go back to the "basics" and take a recipe from his mother. Luckily she is also a great cook so I have quite a few recipes to choose from.

One of my favorites is her Mac & Cheese with Green Chilies ( she always makes one without the chilies as well for the kids).
I used some different cheese, noodles and added a bread crumb topping but it is basically her recipe.







Macaroni & Cheese

12-16 oz elbow ( I used small shells)-Boil and drain

In a saucepan mix:
1 cube butter
1/2 -1cup Half and Half
2 cups or more of grated cheese ( I used whatever I had in the fridge so mix it up)
salt and pepper
small can of green chilies *optional
sauteed chopped onion *optional
Stir till cheese is melted then add to pasta. Top with grated cheese pieces of butter and a breadcrumb topping
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-30 min. Until hot throughout and cheese is melted

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...