Monday, January 31, 2011

Chicken in Puff Pastry

I have been a little obsessed with puff pastry lately. When I bought it a while ago to make something I didn't use it all, so I have been trying to find something to make with it. My friend was telling me she had a recipe for chicken in puff pastry, with bacon and cheese. S0 I put it together and the result was perfection. Really anything in puff pastry dough is heavenly so it is pretty hard to go wrong. I can't wait to try some more combinations.
I took 1/4 of the dough
folded it in half
rolled it out into a square ( 6 or 7 inches)
loaded it up with a piece of provolone cheese, cooked bacon and a cooked chicken tenderloin.
i then folded all of the sides up and sealed it, then turned it over

then brushed each pocket with an egg wash
( 1 egg white and 1tbsp water)
Then baked in a 400 degree oven for 25 min. then let it cool for about 10 min.
Don't be afraid to switch it up with whatever you have or like. Have fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...