Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fun with Braids

Awhile back I did a post on a BBQ Chicken Braid. I absolutely loved it and have been wanting to try some different combinations. So when I found myself with a surplus of goat cheese I decide to make some braids.

Since the recipe for the dough makes 2 braids I thought I would try two different kinds
Chicken Spinach and Bacon Braid
Chicken Vegetable Pesto Braid
each including some of my fav. goat cheese

For the Chicken Spinach Bacon one I just cooked and shredded some chicken, then added some marinara sauce to it. Fried up some bacon and wilted some spinach. I topped it all with some goat cheese and provolone.

The best thing about these braids is you can do whatever you like, just use your imagination and your taste buds.

My family loved it, especially my husband and he is very hard to please!




Chicken Veggie Pesto Braid
Start with some cooked shredded chicken, mix with pesto. Grill up whatever veggies you like, I used mushroom, red bell pepper, and zucchini. Then top with the cheese of your choice, I of course went with goat cheese and a cheddar & monterey jack blend. ( I think it would be great with some gorgonzola)


This one I decided to use as a freezer meal, since one braid is big enough to feed my family. But I will let you know how it tastes as soon as I try it.
I am so thankful for Mel from Mels Kitchen Cafe for introducing me to this wonderful way to make a meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...