Wednesday, January 19, 2011

German Pancakes

I am truly sad that I did not discover these until I was married. Just thinking about all the yummy breakfasts that we could have shared together, hurts me. But better late than never, right?
If you have never had German Pancakes you are missing out, they are totally different than anything you have ever tasted, rich a smooth, sweet and a little salty, absolute perfection!
Since I discovered these little puppies they have become a staple in our house. Everyone loves them, especially my husband. Which is nice since he usually just sticks to cereal.

When I made this for my sister she Loved it, and every month or so I will get a call for the recipe. So Hayley here it is.
While you are making the mix, put a 1/2 cube in the pan then set it in the oven while it is preheating.



Mix till frothy
Pull the butter pan out of the oven. ( make sure it doesn't burn.)
Mine is a little brown, I love brown butter and the flavor you get from it.
Dump the egg mixture in
Bake at 400 for 12-15 min. The more ugly looking the better!
German Pancakes

6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp. sugar ( optional)
dash of salt
1/2 cube of butter

While preheat oven to 400, place the 1/2 cube of butter in a 9x13 dish ( I prefer glass). In a large bowl mix eggs, add milk and then flour, sugar and salt. Wish till frothy. Pull melted butter out of oven and pour Egg mixture right over the butter. Place back in oven for 12-15 min. till its all popped up. Enjoy with some berries, syrup and anything else you can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...