Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Healthy Start

I have always loved Hawaiin Haystacks and who wouldn't. They are sweet, salty, hot and cold, crunchy and soft. A completely delicious all-in-one meal.
Well I decided to make it just a little bit more figure friendly by using brown rice, low fat cream of chicken, and low fat cheese. Though I did put everything else on but for the most part the toppings are just veggies and fruit so you don't need to be shy. Now I do not know exactly how many calories I cut out by doing this but I do know I had no guilt at the end of the meal.

So if you have never tried this Mountain of a dinner before I suggest you start now.
Cooked and shredded chicken
1 can low fat cream of chicken soup
chicken broth
brown rice cooked

Toppings:
diced green onions
diced bell pepper
chucks of pineapple
diced tomatoes
diced celery
low fat cheese
coconut
sliced almonds
crunch won tons

When making the sauce start with the soup and then add broth or milk till it has a pourable consistency then add chicken and heat up. Served on top of rice.
Top with whatever your heart desires!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...