Monday, January 24, 2011

Indoor Camping Fun!

For the last day and a half I have had The Worst Toothache EVER. :( With no real relief besides sleep I have barely made it through each day. But in another hour I have an appt. to have it looked at so good luck to me. But even with all of that I have made a New Years goal to be a better blogger, one post each weekday. So I am here and have one of my all time favorite meals to share with you. Since the first time I was introduced to Tin Foil dinners at a young girls activity, I knew I would forever be making them. Plus the fact that my favorite dessert is a perfect compliment to this meal.

This being said I am not now nor have I ever been a "camping" kinda girl. I am barely able to handle a fully equipped cabin. So I have had to make do with my modern day appliances. Is this meal any less fantastic when it is not made over coals and flames? Absolutely NOT! So if you love this meal as well but have never tried making it inside, I am now giving you permission. So fire up the oven and get cooking.

Tell me your mouth isn't watering at the sight of that ooey gooey mess.



Tin Foil Dinner/HOBOJOE"S

1lb ground beef
sliced carrots
bag of frozen corn
sliced yellow onion
diced potatoes
can cream of mushroom soup
head of cabbage


I first like to start off by boiling my carrots and potatoes for about 5 min. to soften them up a bit, ( this cuts down on the cooking time). Set out your tin foil (double layer) and start loading it up- a couple of leafs of cabbage, a patty of ground beef, a few carrots, potatoes, some corn, onions, a heaping spoonful of soup and some salt a pepper. Then make the next one. I usually set up an assembly line ( much faster). Then fold it up, I add another piece of tin foil, making sure it is sealed very well. Then put it in the oven at 350 for about 40-50 min. checking to see when meat and veggies are done. I like to serve with ketchup.

The Perfect Indoor Smore

Preheat oven to broil

place 1/2 of a graham cracker down, place 1/4 of the chocolate bar on each graham cracker and a marshmallow on top. Place in oven for about 30 sec. to a min. As soon a marshmallow starts getting bigger take out. Place another 1/2 of graham cracker on top and there you have it. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...