Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chalupa

A couple of years ago during an Enrichment night we had this dish called CHALUPA. One bite and I was hooked, I think I have made it for every big occasion since. It is a great meal to make for a large group of people and a definite crowd pleaser.
A couple of months ago I made way too much so I put the leftover in the freezer. The other day I pulled it out, thawed it and popped it in the microwave for about 10 min. and once again another scrumptious and easy meal, plus it tasted like I just made it that day. ( my husband kept asking where the crockpot was)



Chalupa

3lbs. pork roast
1 lb pinto beans
5 garlic cloves
1 can diced green chilis
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
2 Tbsp. chili powder

Cover everything with water and cook in crock pot on low for 8 hours or until beans are tender! Then shred the pork and put back in . Serve with fritos, cheese, green onions, avacados, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa & anything else that sounds good with it.

1 comment:

  1. How do you get to make and eat all this super yummy food and still look like you do?? Seriously what is your secret!!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...