Thursday, March 11, 2010

So Proud of Me!!!!!

I did not grow up in a Yeast friendly home. So every time I use it I get nervous. I have made bread one time with my girlfriend Jill, and then made a couple of batches of Cinnamon Rolls.
But I wanted to try some homemade rolls all by myself.
Once again I turned to the blogging world for an awesome recipe, which I got here
and the verdict is EASY!!!
Well at least this recipe was easy, not only easy but soooo good!
These will definitely be making an appearance once a week in my house.
Letting the yeast, sugar and water sit.
after all the dry ingredients were added, I set it out to knead.

I have never really kneaded anything this long and it was a little tiring, but apparently it worked.
after kneading for 8 min.
then put in an oiled bowl to rise
wahoo, it rose.
rolled into balls.
they rose again
Finished product, mmmm good!
To go with it I made a Chefs Salad, with all the goodies.
French Bread Rolls
adapted from allrecipes.com

*Makes about one dozen rolls

1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups all-purpose flour

In a large bowl, stir together warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

To the yeast mixture, add the oil, salt, and 2 cups flour. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough has pulled away from the sides of the bowl. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.

Deflate the dough, and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 12-14 equal pieces, and form into round balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth (or greased saran wrap), and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Bake for 12-13 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.

*Can freeze the rolls after baking - microwave on high for 2 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! Now that you have ventured into the roll making world, I have a really yummy roll recipe for you to try, and its just as easy! The ones you made seem like a great french bread type recipe, and these ones are more of a dinner roll, like soft type thing. I'll have to email you. Then you can have a variety of rolls :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...