Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spicy Mini Meatloaves

In my quest to find a great Meatloaf recipe, I happened upon this little find. It came from a Biggest Loser episode where Tara and her mom were cooking. Now the first time I made it I didn't have the "Chipotle in Adobo" this time I tried it with it ( using only about a 1/4 of what it called for) and man was it Tasty! Though it was too spicy for the kiddos, they did not enjoy it. But I thought it was absolutely amazing, the flavor was incredible and I loved the crunchy bits of veggies in every bite. I think next time I will do half with the chipotle and half without.
*Bonus this recipe when made with fat free ketchup, egg whites and lean ground turkey breast is only 110 calories a patty!

Here is my adaptation of the recipe.

Mini Meatloafs

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef or turkey
1/2 an onion
1/2 red bell pepper
1 carrot
1/2 C. quick cooking oats
1 egg
1 egg white
1/2 of a 4oz can chipotle in adobo
ketchup

Finely chop all veggies and chipotles. Then mix all ingredients together by hand. Form into balls and put into muffin tins, drizzle with ketchup. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min.
* if made with ground turkey breast, egg whites, and fat free ketchup- each individual patty is only 110 calories




4 comments:

  1. For a girl who normally doesn't like meatloaf.. I was really surprised when i tasted it, ate the whole thing, and had seconds! It was really really good! I loved the spice in there. My sister is just the best cook! That explains why I'm over there for either breakfast, lunch, or dinner! :) Thanks sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I'm going to make these next week. I'm always in search for healthy recipes! Are they 110 calories for each meatball thing? How many did you eat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hayley, I love feeding you too ( probably since you like everything I make!) Katy, I ate 2 but they will only be 110 if you use lean ground turkey, egg whites and fat free ketchup. But I can't imagine them being more than 250 using all the stuff I used. So I would still say under 500 calories for 2. Let me know if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made these tonight and loved them! Although I ate a lot more than 2. My kids couldn't get enough! You're so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...